In 1911 Giovanni Carli, together with his brothers and sisters, created the Fratelli Carli company: the enterprise was based on an exceptional product and business standards of the highest integrity. The system of direct marketing to families was a success. Business expanded rapidly and Olio Carli achieved widespread distinction for its exceptional quality; recognition spread rapidly until World War II.
History of a success
In 1927 the Carli firm was appointed supplier to the Papal Establishment. In 1937 the equivalent honour was granted by the Royal Household. In the mid thirties, Mr. Amedeo Pettini, a former Head Chef of the Royal family was engaged by Carli to compile a book of recipes which became immensely popular. Since then Carli has distributed over two million copies to its customers. The war brought hard times; the plant was totally destroyed and, due to oil rationing before and after the reconstruction of production facilities, eight years passed before Carli customers could be served again.
Customers became more and more and so the number of orders increased. In order to be able to deliver door-to-door, in 1961 train transportation was replaced by delivery vans advertising Olio Carli. Since 1971, the new factory, equipped with a first-class EDP department, has acquired brand-new manufacturing machinery; a continuous Oil Mill has been built and the Quality Assurance Laboratory has been established. Today Fratelli Carli is a modern firm, unchanged in values and in quality of production. Fratelli Carli has been delivering door-to-door for nearly a century, and is proud to have hundreds of thousands of family customers.